cosy homes away cardiff

Frequently Asked Questions

What's your bunsiness about?

We are an accommodation company. We rent long term properties from LAs or directly from Landlords and  provide short term lettings primarily for Corporate Clients and Businessmen. 

How old is your company?

We are a new business operating in the area as part of a nationwide network  The Accommodation Group

Is this like Airbnb?

We primarily work directly with companies and other corporate relocation agencies. On occasion companies make long bookings through Airbnb and , so we will be using these sources for a proportion of our corporate clients

Who will pay the rent?

Cosy Homes Away will be responsible for paying the rent on an agreed date for the duration of the contract period.

Is this a form of subletting?

This is not subletting. Our company will be the tenant. This is a form of company letting and we would be happy to use your company let agreement.

We would always recommend that you make sure that the landlord has given permission for Cosy Homes Away Ltd to have clients as guests

Does this qualify the property as HMO?

Corporate clients are staying with us as guests and this will not be their main or only residence, so they do not fall under the HMO Housing Act 2004  regulation 

Do you provide the names of tenants who stay at the property?

The agreement is between Cosy Homes Away Ltd and the letting agency so we are your tenant. 

You do not need to know the name of our guests as we are wholly responsible for them and they will not be living there as their permanent residence. 

The guests are not tenants, so you have no obligations under the Right to Rent Act.

Who will provide the guarantee/reference?

As Cosy Homes Away is a new Ltd Co. one of the Directors of the company will stand as guarantor

Do you pay security deposits?

Although, we do, we find that the Zero Deposit Scheme works better either for us and the landlords.

What insurance covers do you have?

We have public liability, professional indemnity, employer insurance and contents insurance cover.

The property owner will only need building insurance.

Who will pay for maintenance costs?

We want to be hassle free for you and easier than any tenants. 

We will cover any cost up to the £250. 

Typically, the landlord would cover any boiler or heating issues. 

Does the minimum EPC rating C apply to serviced accommodation?

No, it doesn't . Serviced accommodation or furnished holiday lets are not used as residential property.